Last Friday at 7 pm, students from the Residence Halls went to the PSU girls’ volleyball game against Missouri Western, displaying banners and cheering the team. Representatives from the various university dorms compete against each other to see which building show the most support.
Tambree Wilson, resident assistant from Willard said: ‘’Our coordinators let us know about this initiative and gave us the idea of making banners, which they turned it into a competition of banners between each hall,’’ said the sophomore in Psychology.
According to Wilson, the main purpose of encouraging students from the dorms to come to the games is to support the Volleyball team and as an incentive for the resident halls, the winners of the banner competition gets a pizza party in their building.
Rachel Jordan, senior in Commercial Art said: ‘’They students were actually really excited to come here today and that was a pleasant surprise for me as a resident assistant, just to see how many of them were willing to get here and watch the game.’’
‘’Just from our building there are approximately ten of us, and there’s a lot more people from the other dorms as well. It is a lot of fun and it is nice to see all the RAs come together to support the PSU Volleyball team,’’ said the resident assistant from Willard.
Pittsburg State’s University Housing includes the Crimson Commons apartment style complex, Bowen and Dellinger Hall, as well as Nation, Trout, Tanner Complex and Willard Hall.
Shantae Cobb, resident from Tanner Annex said: ‘’Actually I am here with my RA, I try to come to the games whenever I can and when I do make it here it is always very interesting and intense. I love watching the encounters and cheering them on every time,’’ said the freshman in construction management.
Andres Myers, resident from Willard, won a volley ball autographed by the players of the PSU Volleyball team: ‘’ This is my first time actually going to one of the games and it is an exciting experience,’’ said the junior in construction engineering.
Kalee Woody, resident from Bowen said: ‘’I like Volleyball so I really enjoyed being here today,’’ said the freshman.
Hank Chrisman agreed: ‘’ The environment of the game is a very cool thing to be a part of and people get really into the competition,’’ said the freshman in tech engineering.
No comments:
Post a Comment